For more than 50 years, Q-Lab Corporation has been a global provider of material durability testing products. Our products and services are used to test coatings, plastics, automotive, personal care, roofing, inks, textiles, pharmaceutical, packaging and sealants. Q-Lab is a growth-oriented and stable company who has earned a strong reputation for outstanding product design, innovation and uncompromising levels of quality and safety.
Q-Lab has been named one of Northeast Ohio's best places to work by The Cleveland Plain Dealer on its list of "2012 Top Workplaces." To view our profile, click here.
These goals are achieved through the efforts of our employees and in return we offer:
A proven track record of success
An excellent compensation package + bonus
Comprehensive benefits: Health, Prescription, Life Insurance
Paid vacation and holidays
Strong team member-oriented company culture
Friendly working atmosphere
Q-Lab is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all qualified individuals without regard to race, religion, gender, national origin, physical or mental disability, age, or disabled or Vietnam-era veteran status.
Inside Sales / Customer Care - Homestead, Florida USA
Are you passionate about serving and influencing customers? Are you looking for an opportunity where
you can provide solutions and achieve results?
We are seeking a confident Inside Sales / Customer Care professional to help our customers, develop new business and meet sales goals. As a member of our Laboratory - Weathering Testing team, you will deliver a high level of customer satisfaction and expand sales opportunities. You will also consult with customers about their testing needs and respond to customer questions. This is an excellent opportunity to join our company, to grow with us and share in our success.
Key Responsibilities for our Inside Sales / Customer Care Rep:
- Communicate with customers by telephone and email, and occasionally in-person, to answer questions about weathering and find out which services are best suited to their needs
- Create cost estimates and custom testing programs
- Field questions from customers on service issues
- Educate customers and assist with test set up
- Follow up on orders not received and determine reasons for non-acceptance; attempting to reopen the opportunities
- Assist outside sales with cost and technical information
- Maintain communication with the customer throughout the test life cycle
- Travel is 5-10 times per year, to attend trade-shows, visit customers, or visit one of our other company facilities (Arizona and Ohio)
- Bachelor's degree preferred with 3+ years of inside sales and customer service experience
- Science related degree preferred
- Business acumen with critical problem solving skills
- Possess solid time management skills
- Can achieve/exceed goal
- Customer service skills
- Excellent phone skills and writing skills
- Professional demeanor, organized and reliable
- Possess a strong work ethic and willingness to learn
- Results-driven attitude
Global Order Specialist - Westlake, Ohio USA
This order processing/customer service position will use MAS90, Microsoft Office and other tools to quickly and accurately fulfill customer orders from around the world. These orders can be submitted via website, phone, email or fax. This person must be able to perform the following:
- Enter orders quickly and generate accurate documentation for customer acknowledgement, in-house production, warehouse and shipping purposes
- Communicate with customers via phone and email
- Communicate clearly with a global customer base, especially with non-native English speakers
- Understand customer requests and address all customer questions appropriately
- Convey information professionally in all written communication
- Provide customers with pricing and production lead times on products
- Obtain freight quotes and calculate handling charges
- Follow work prioritization requirements and manage competing tasks
- Maintain thorough documentation with every order
- Determine the appropriate means of shipment (i.e. fast delivery, cost effective) and best shipping warehouse
- Provide timely and accurate information about what’s been shipped to customers and distributors (i.e. lead time, tracking information)
- Coordinate inter-office shipments and order fulfillment with three international warehouses
- Generate RMA (return merchandise authorization) forms for customers to return goods
- Act as the backup to the receptionist - answering phone calls, directing customers to appropriate departments
- Perform other duties as directed by supervisor
- Has a sense of urgency and an ability to multi-task
- Brings a professional, friendly, non-confrontational, enthusiastic and upbeat demeanor to work every day
- Comfortable learning new processes and regulations, easily adapts to change and procedure improvement
- Does not procrastinate in handling difficult issues, but tackles them head-on
- Is well-organized and pays attention to details
- Is able to understand customer requests and respond appropriately
- Is polished, polite and professional on the telephone
- Able to decipher the right course of action given a situation out of the norm
- Has a practical, common sense way of doing things
- Able to identify when a customer is dissatisfied and take appropriate steps to rectify the issue
- Willing to report improvement suggestions/problems to management
- Openly admits mistakes so others can learn from them
- Is ethical and honest in every aspect of job performance
- Desire to be part of a fast-paced / continuous improvement team
- 2-5 years of customer service experience required; order fulfillment/processing experience preferred
- Experience with servicing a global customer base preferred, especially with non-native English speakers
- Experience in Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel required; experience in Sage MAS 90 preferred
- Experience in export documentation and shipping preferred
- Demonstrated history of strong verbal and written communication skills; writing sample required
- Minimum KSPM (alpha-numeric): 130 assessment required
Network Systems Manager - Westlake, Ohio USA
We are looking for a Network Manager who will design, implement, and manage Q-Lab’s information network and end-user support systems. Reporting to the Global Information Manager, the successful candidate will provide leadership and total support to ensure the highest level of customer service for Q-Lab’s users. Managing a team of 1-2 employees, your focus will be to impress the entire user base with the speed, simplicity, and reliability of our information systems.
We have an international VPN data network with six locations around the world. Our current network size is roughly 180 users and computers, and 25 servers.
Network Manager’s Scope of Responsibility:
- Provide strategic direction to accomplish Q-Lab’s business goals for the information network and end-user support systems
- Ensure end-user issues are solved quickly & correctly
- Ensure proper functioning of information systems
- Protect Q-Lab’s mission-critical data from theft
- Manage networking & desktop support employees
- Perform continuous improvement (e.g. make PC’s better, faster, and more reliable)
- Oversee documentation, tracking, and management reporting
- Write and enforce procedures
- End-user support
- Windows servers and Active Directory
- LAN/WAN/VPN architecture (e.g. network design, switches, firewalls, internet lines)
- Virtualization technologies (e.g. Citrix, Terminal Services)
- Data backup and disaster recovery
- Email and spam filtering systems
- Anti-virus & security systems
- Network health monitoring
- Bachelors degree in Management Information Systems or equivalent professional work experience
- 6+ years experience as Network/Systems Administrator
- Evidence of achievement in supervisory role
- Experience with virtualization technologies (Citrix is preferable)
- Ability to think strategically and assess business value
- Ability to manage competing priorities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong customer service orientation
Sales Manager - Q-Lab China, Shanghai
Our office in Shanghai is looking for a Sales Manager to join our Sales Department. This position will report to the China Chief Representative.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support customers and the network of existing Distributors by answering technical questions about the products and test services through daily correspondence and periodic visits.
- Give technical presentations at seminars and symposiums.
- Coordinate technical product training for customers and sales representatives.
- Communicate and set-up relationships with key industry associations, trade groups, and standards bodies.
- Produce monthly and quarterly reports.
- Participate with Distributors on sales calls to provide technical support and determine what the customer's needs are and how Q-Lab’s products and services can meet those needs.
- Assist the Chief Representative in developing a sales & marketing plan, including long and short term goals for each Distributor office.
- Develop an annual marketing plan for each major market, including trade shows, print ads, seminars, etc.
- Ensure reporting and follow-up by each Distributor office.
- Work and develop close relationships with key customer accounts.
- Ability to travel 30% of the time and to obtain a visa to travel outside of China.
- Excellent electro-mechanical aptitude.
- Have more than 3 years' sales experience with capital equipment.
- Excellent spoken and written English (comparable to CET 6 and above).
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, and technical procedures in English and Chinese.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence and business plans, and develop annual budgeting plans.
- Ability to effectively present information to small and large groups and respond to questions from Distributors or customers.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Must have good working knowledge of Microsoft Office including PowerPoint.
- Must be able to type a minimum of 20 WPM.
Education, Certificates or Special Training Required:
- Bachelor’s degree or above – preferably with an engineering or science related field.
- A minimum of 3 years' sales experience.
- Experience working with a Distributor network is highly preferred.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 kg. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, and sit.
- Physically capable of setting up a trade show booth. This includes simple tool use.
- Must be able to sit on an airplane up to 15 hours.
Personality Traits and Special Skills:
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Good listener.
- Willingness to accept criticism and use it to improve skill level and knowledge base.
- Scientific insight.
- Engineering insight.
- Must love science and engineering.
- Independent thinker.
- Ability to communicate with people of different levels of technical aptitude; from PhD chemists to lab technicians to the sales people of our distributor’s.
- Ability to understand and sympathize with the working life of our customers and distributors, both their technical challenges and their political challenges.
- Business acumen – ability to understand why the customer is willing to spend money on our products.
- Desire to teach and educate others.
- Burning desire to learn.
- Mission of service.
- A doer not a procrastinator – get it done attitude.
- Ability to work to a deadline.
- Team player.