Provides primary repair support to customers by telephone and/or email. Must demonstrate the ability to commission, repair, calibrate, and adjusts accelerated weather test instruments and test equipment, by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Listens to customer description of the problem they are having and asks appropriate questions to determine the root cause of the problem.
- Provides the customer with recommendation to resolve the issue and/or follows up with on-going issues with the customer. This may include, but is not limited to; suggesting a change in the way the customer operates the equipment including good testing practices, sending replacement parts, referring the call to the Field Repair Technician for an on-site resolution.
- Record contact with customer in a Contact Resource Management system to include the nature of the problem, corrective action, and follow up activities to ensure resolution
- Investigate quality and/or design issues and makes recommendations to the appropriate department for resolution.
- Reads instrument dial or scope, or observes viewing screen, that indicates resistance, capacitance, continuity, or wave pattern and recognizes defects, such as short circuit or current leakage.
- Records and communicates type and quantity of defect to engineering for investigation and corrective action purposes.
- Diagnose malfunctioning instruments or test equipment and examines and tests mechanisms and circuitry for failure mode.
- Replaces or repairs defective parts according to OEM specifications.
- Perform hands-on repairs on instrument or test equipment, and tests assembly for conformance to in accordance to OEM specifications.
- Inspects instruments and test equipment periodically and adjusts to ensure functioning within specified standards.
- Calibrates instruments or test equipment according to established standards.
- Other duties as required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
High School Diploma or Trade School Diploma and an Associate's degree (A. S.) or equivalent from two-year College or technical school graduate with five or more years of related experience with repair support or field repair experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Office software to include Word, Excel and Power Point and must possess the ability to type proficiently.
Hand Tools, Power Tools, and Test Equipment:
Must be able to demonstrate the effective use of hand tools; specialty testing equipment/meters, cutting metal, drilling, and tapping on various types of alloys.
Ability to Travel:
Must be able to travel by car, train, or airplane domestically and internationally, and up to 25% of the time annually. Must have a clean driving record and have no driving restrictions.