For more than 50 years, Q-Lab Corporation has been a global provider of material durability testing products. Our products and services are used to test coatings, plastics, automotive, personal care, roofing, inks, textiles, pharmaceutical, packaging and sealants. Q-Lab is a growth-oriented and stable company who has earned a strong reputation for outstanding product design, innovation and uncompromising levels of quality and safety.
Q-Lab has been named one of Northeast Ohio's best places to work by The Cleveland Plain Dealer on its list of "2012 Top Workplaces." To view our profile, click here.
These goals are achieved through the efforts of our employees and in return we offer:
A proven track record of success
An excellent compensation package + bonus
Comprehensive benefits: Health, Prescription, Life Insurance
Paid vacation and holidays
Strong team member-oriented company culture
Friendly working atmosphere
Q-Lab is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all qualified individuals without regard to race, religion, gender, national origin, physical or mental disability, age, or disabled or Vietnam-era veteran status.
Machinist - Westlake, Ohio USA
Our Westlake manufacturing facility has an immediate opening for a Machinist on day shift.Duties:
- Machine parts to specifications using a variety of assigned manual machines - Bridgeport, surface grinder, small engine lathe,drill presses, saws. Run multiple machines as assigned and take initiative in identifying opportunities for running multiple jobs simultaneously.
- Calculate dimensions and tolerances using knowledge of mathematics and blueprint reading skills. Study sample parts, blueprints, drawings, and engineering information in order to determine methods and sequences of operations needed to fabricate products and calculate product dimensions and tolerances
- Confer with engineering and supervisory personnel in order to exchange technical information and assist in determining job feasibility
- Select the appropriate tools, machines, and materials to be used in preparation of work. Lay out material required to complete job. Change worn cutting tools; sharpen cutting tools - using bench grinders.
- Align and secure holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials onto machines
- Measure and examine completed parts in order to detect defects and ensure conformance to specifications, using precision instruments such as micrometers, calipers, and bore gauges.
- Run assigned machines in accordance with prescribed safety/emergency procedures training and work orders
- Identify opportunities for process/productivity improvements with respect to specific machining operations.
- High school diploma
- Successful graduate of any recognized machinist or tool maker course, apprenticeship or vocational program
- Experience using one or more of the following manual machines: late, milling machine, grinder, drilling/boring machine
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and schematics - basic shop match skills
- Ability to perform quality self-checks and perform close tolerance machining
- MUST HAVE SET-UP EXPERIENCE
Fabricator - Westlake, Ohio USA
Our Westlake manufacturing facility has an immediate opening for a Fabricator. Responsibilities include:
Job requirements include:
- Set-up and operate a variety of machines; performing various machining operations from simple to very complex.
- The Fabricator sets up and operates fabricating machines; such as brakes, rolls, shears, grinders, and drill presses, punch presses, drill, and miscellaneous hand tools to bend, cut and form components.
- The Fabricator locates and marks work piece bending and cutting lines, allowing for stock thickness, machine and welding shrinkage, and other component specifications.
- Mechanical assembly ability to work from blueprints.
- Required to inspect each part created to ensure that it conforms to blueprint specifications.
- Package or crate parts for shipment.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of 2 years general fabrication experience or a successful graduate of any recognized apprenticeship or vocational program.
- Basic math skills.
- Must be able to read and work from blueprints and written specifications.
- Operate various material-moving equipment (forklifts, pallet jack, gantry cranes, etc.).
- Use of a variety of measuring devices (ID, OD, and depth) micrometers, calipers, etc.
- Working knowledge of basic computer functions.
- Welding experience a plus.
Electro-Mechanical Assembler - Westlake, Ohio USA
Skilled Electro-Mechanical Assembler needed on day shift at our Westlake manufacturing facility to assemble machines, related equipment/options, mechanical/electrical components, subassemblies, and fabricated products; following blueprints and other written and verbal specifications.
- Assemble electrical and mechanical components using assembly drawings and parts lists provided by engineering.
- Ability to use various hand and power tools.
- Prepare sub-assemblies and related parts for final assembly.
- Wire, solder, install tubing, and options in sub-assembly and final assembly.
- Utilize problem-solving skills as a resource for continuous improvement.
- Maintain good housekeeping (Lean Manufacturing 5S practices).
Job Requirements include:
- Ability to read mechanical and electrical schematics.
- Working knowledge of and ability to use mechanical, electrical and measuring tools in order to assemble machines.
- Ability to work effectively within a team.
- Minimum of 2 years previous electrical/mechanical assembly experience.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
- Availability to work required overtime.