Reporting to the President, this newly created position is responsible for the overall HR talent management practices in our multi-location company. This is a ‘hands – on’ leadership role – and includes developing talent management systems, leadership training, recruitment, onboarding, performance evaluations, compensation analysis, employee retention, succession planning and developing employee satisfaction initiatives. While managing all functions of the HR Department, this role requires a person who is comfortable performing day-to-day
‘hands –on’ generalist tasks while ensuring that HR tools, training and resources are available to support the organization.
Understand and identify the capabilities, skill sets and interests of Q-Lab’s human resources and use this data to determine staff development needs and staffing decisions.
Manage and oversee the development of talent management tools and training in relation to performance, calibration and succession planning.
Develop and optimize an applicant tracking/ATS to support recruiting operations, including the development of forms, strategies and tactics used
to acquire talent.
Develop a comprehensive and complete data-base of the organization’s distinct roles and job descriptions.
Manage the recruitment process and life-cycle for active positions, including sourcing, assessments, interviews, offers.
Establish innovative sourcing strategies to attract top candidates including job posting optimization, job board procurement, digital and non-digital employment marketing, comprehensive annual recruitment campaign planning, and talent planning.
Provide leadership in the development and execution of recruitment strategies for all locations
Manage contractual relationships with placement agencies, contract recruiters, job boards, job fairs and various internet job search websites
Develop a comprehensive and meaningful on-boarding system
Oversee compensation programs; analyze job tasks and work processes for new positions and reclassification of current roles; coordinate classification studies and conduct salary surveys.
Provide direction, support and expertise for individual development planning
Identify talent and develop future leaders through appropriate job assignments and personal development plans.
Develop a mentorship program, with department managers, to assess and grow leadership capabilities of front line employees
Take a leadership role in developing a culture that enables employees to perform in accordance to the Company’s objectives
Effectively plan, design, develop and evaluate the organization’s culture-related initiatives that support the company’s short and long term goals
Encourage every employee to participate in the work process so that they become a partner in the implementation of plans and outcomes.
Initiate programs that instill an environment of trust, cooperation and communication for personal growth and the achievement of the company’s goals.
Qualifications for position:
- A high energy level with the motivation to achieve and accomplish goals and promote the company’s mission
- Capacity to develop comprehensive, long-range plans or goals and to identify, evaluate and allocate necessary resources
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of talent acquisition and management strategies and building high-performance teams
- Affinity for science, engineering and manufacturing. Ability to empathize with technical staff and communicate with them on their own level.
- Well-developed experience in using multiple recruiting strategies and sources including advanced use of social networking sites, for passive and active candidate recruitment and expanding employment brand
- Knowledge and experience of systems to enhance and measure the results of human resources programs
- Knowledge of OD principles and practices
- BA/BS in Business - Human Resource major preferred
- MS in Organization Development a plus