For more than 50 years, Q-Lab Corporation has been a global provider of material durability testing products. Our products and services are used to test coatings, plastics, automotive, personal care, roofing, inks, textiles, pharmaceutical, packaging and sealants. Q-Lab is a growth-oriented and stable company who has earned a strong reputation for outstanding product design, innovation and uncompromising levels of quality and safety.
Q-Lab has been named one of Northeast Ohio's best places to work by The Cleveland Plain Dealer on its list of "2012 Top Workplaces." To view our profile, click here.
These goals are achieved through the efforts of our employees and in return we offer:
A proven track record of success
An excellent compensation package + bonus
Comprehensive benefits: Health, Prescription, Life Insurance
Paid vacation and holidays
Strong team member-oriented company culture
Friendly working atmosphere
Q-Lab is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all qualified individuals without regard to race, religion, gender, national origin, physical or mental disability, age, or disabled or Vietnam-era veteran status.
.NET Application Developer (Entry Level) - Westlake, Ohio USA
This entry level programming position will use Microsoft Visual Studio (WinForms, ASP .NET, .NET Framework 4.0+), SQL Server, Crystal Reports and other development tools to build and maintain business software systems. This includes development with Back-Office (Supply Chain, Accounting & Order Entry), Front-Office (Sales, Service & Marketing) and Laboratory Information Systems software. The programmer will also utilize the Agile Software Development methodology to accomplish software development goals. Organizational Relationships:
Reports to Information ManagerKey Responsibilities:
- Use Visual Studio and the .NET Framework to develop applications and add-ons to business systems.
- Use Microsoft SQL Server as the back-end for data storage. This includes writing stored procedures, views, queries and basic database administration.
- Write reports using Crystal Reports.
- Use Team Foundation Services as a source code control system.
- Support business systems by answering end users questions on product functionality and capabilities.
- Associates Degree in Information Technology or equivalent professional work experience
- Experience with .NET, C#, and Visual Basic
- Familiarity with relational database and object oriented software design
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong customer service orientation
- Ability to manage competing priorities
Technical Marketing/Applications Engineer - Westlake, Ohio USA
We are seeking a dynamic Technical Marketing/Applications Engineer to join our rapidly growing team. In this newly created position, you will help educate our global customers and prospects, and remove technical obstacles they may have in understanding and purchasing our industry-leading test equipment. You will also help train our diverse distributor network and internal team members. Our customers are located around the world and the applications for our testers are extremely diverse.
Reporting to the VP of Marketing, the successful candidate will be an engineer or gear-head, who has a true mission of service attitude and a thirst for a different kind of engineering challenge. You will drive technical support and assist in marketing our products by responding promptly to difficult customer questions and inquiries.
If you are a detail-oriented, organized and naturally curious technical/scientific professional who also enjoys relentlessly improving the whole customer experience – read on!
Your responsibilities will include:
- Working with a diverse range of global customers – many who are not fluent in English
- Training of domestic and global customers
- Managing the request process for custom tester modifications
- Contributing to technical content for and proofread:
- Technical papers
- Seminars (as long as a full day)
- Training programs – for customers and for our own employees
- Ad hoc presentations
- Technical and/or specification bulletins
- Applications guides
- Case studies
- Web pages
- Magazine ads
- Press releases
- E-mail blasts
- Troubleshooting / repair guides
- Upgrade announcements to our distributors
- Writing training guides for our own sales force and our distributors’ sales force
- Troubleshooting knowledge base for repair
- Scientific insight –a BS/BA in a engineering or science discipline with 5-10+ years of experience preferred
- Gear headedness: must love science and engineering
- Highly organized
- Analytical thinking skills
- Natural ability as a teacher – a desire to educate others
- Independent thinker
- Writing flair: crisp, clear, complete, concise and persuasive
- Ability to imagine the state of mind of the audience(s), and then imagine what they need to see in order to learn what we want them to learn
- Ability to communicate with people of different levels of technical aptitude
- Ability to understand and sympathize with the working life of our customers
- Thick skin – ability to take criticism
- “Will do/can do” attitude
- Ability to work to a deadline
- Team player