For more than 50 years, Q-Lab Corporation has been a global provider of material durability testing products. Our products and services are used to test coatings, plastics, automotive, personal care, roofing, inks, textiles, pharmaceutical, packaging and sealants. Q-Lab is a growth-oriented and stable company who has earned a strong reputation for outstanding product design, innovation and uncompromising levels of quality and safety.
Q-Lab has been named one of Northeast Ohio's best places to work by The Cleveland Plain Dealer on its list of "2012 Top Workplaces." To view our profile, click here.
These goals are achieved through the efforts of our employees and in return we offer:
A proven track record of success
An excellent compensation package + bonus
Comprehensive benefits: Health, Prescription, Life Insurance
Paid vacation and holidays
Strong team member-oriented company culture
Friendly working atmosphere
Q-Lab is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all qualified individuals without regard to race, religion, gender, national origin, physical or mental disability, age, or disabled or Vietnam-era veteran status.
Customer Service / Inside Sales - Homestead, Florida USA
Are you looking for an opportunity where you can sell products, provide solutions and achieve results? Are you passionate about serving and influencing customers?
We are seeking a confident Inside Sales / Customer Care Rep to develop new business, grow new accounts and meet sales goals. As a member of our Sales team, you will deliver a high level of customer satisfaction and expand sales opportunities. You will also consult with customers about their testing needs and respond to customer questions. This is an excellent opportunity to join our company, to grow with us and share in our success.
Key Responsibilities for our Inside Sales / Customer Care Rep
- Communicate with customers by telephone and email, and occasionally in-person, to answer questions about weathering and find out which services are best suited to their needs
- Create cost estimates and custom testing programs
- Field questions from customers on service issues
- Educate customers and assist with test set-up
- Follow up on orders not received and determine reasons for non-acceptance, attempting to reopen the opportunities
- Assist outside sales with cost and technical information
- Maintain communication with the customer throughout the test life cycle
- Travel is 5-10 times per year, to attend trade-shows, visit customers, or visit one of our other company facilities (Arizona and Ohio)
- Bachelor's degree preferred with 3+ years of inside sales and customer service experience.
- Science related degree preferred
- Business acumen with critical problem solving skills
- Possess solid time management skills
- Can achieve/exceed goal
- Customer service skills
- Excellent phone skills and writing skills
- Professional demeanor, organized and reliable
- Possess a strong work ethic and willingness to learn
- Results-driven attitude
- Ability to excel in a fast paced environment
- Proficient computer skills – Word, Excel, PowerPoint and others
Press Operator - Westlake, Ohio USA
Day shift opening for Press Operator. Must be able to operate the following equipment:
- Set-up and Operate a 20 ton Bliss Press
- Set-up and Operate a 35 ton Bliss Press
- Set-up and Operate Shears
- Set-up and Operate Brakes
- Set-up and Operate Slip Rollers
- Set-up and Operate a Sand Blaster
- Set-up and Operate a Surface Grinder
- Evaluate, correct, and take actions necessary to prevent external quality issues
- Perform assigned work to time standards and quality expectations
- It is necessary for our employees to have a positive work attitude
- It is important for employees to be able to work with others in a small groups
- Must be able to work on multiple tasks
- Must be able to follow written work instructions
- Must be able to read and work off of drawings
- Must be detail oriented, motivated and a reliable, hard worker
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Vocational School a plus
- Working weekends may be required
- Daily overtime may be required (sometimes on very short notice)
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
.NET Application Developer (Entry Level) - Westlake, Ohio USA
This entry level programming position will use Microsoft Visual Studio (WinForms, ASP .NET, .NET Framework 4.0+), SQL Server, Crystal Reports and other development tools to build and maintain business software systems. This includes development with Back-Office (Supply Chain, Accounting & Order Entry), Front-Office (Sales, Service & Marketing) and Laboratory Information Systems software. The programmer will also utilize the Agile Software Development methodology to accomplish software development goals. Organizational Relationships:
Reports to Information ManagerKey Responsibilities:
- Use Visual Studio and the .NET Framework to develop applications and add-ons to business systems.
- Use Microsoft SQL Server as the back-end for data storage. This includes writing stored procedures, views, queries and basic database administration.
- Write reports using Crystal Reports.
- Use Team Foundation Services as a source code control system.
- Support business systems by answering end users questions on product functionality and capabilities.
- Associates Degree in Information Technology or equivalent professional work experience
- Experience with .NET, C#, and Visual Basic
- Familiarity with relational database and object oriented software design
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong customer service orientation
- Ability to manage competing priorities