For more than 50 years, Q-Lab Corporation has been a global provider of material durability testing products. Our products and services are used to test coatings, plastics, automotive, personal care, roofing, inks, textiles, pharmaceutical, packaging and sealants. Q-Lab is a growth-oriented and stable company who has earned a strong reputation for outstanding product design, innovation and uncompromising levels of quality and safety.
Q-Lab has been named one of Northeast Ohio's best places to work by The Cleveland Plain Dealer on its list of "2012 Top Workplaces." To view our profile, click here.
These goals are achieved through the efforts of our employees and in return we offer:
A proven track record of success
An excellent compensation package + bonus
Comprehensive benefits: Health, Prescription, Life Insurance
Paid vacation and holidays
Strong team member-oriented company culture
Friendly working atmosphere
Q-Lab is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all qualified individuals without regard to race, religion, gender, national origin, physical or mental disability, age, or disabled or Vietnam-era veteran status.
General Labor Position (Packing/Crating/Shipping) - Westlake, Ohio USA
We have a production opening on day shift for someone to do packing/crating of large equipment for shipment.
- Must be able to operate a table saw and a radial arm saw.
- Proficient with an air-powered nail gun.
- Must be able to operate a forklift.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Must be willing to work overtime and weekends.
- Must have a High School Diploma.
Network Systems Manager - Westlake, Ohio USA
We are looking for a Network Manager who will design, implement, and manage Q-Lab’s information network and end-user support systems. Reporting to the Global Information Manager, the successful candidate will provide leadership and total support to ensure the highest level of customer service for Q-Lab’s users. Managing a team of 1-2 employees, your focus will be to impress the entire user base with the speed, simplicity, and reliability of our information systems.
We have an international VPN data network with six locations around the world. Our current network size is roughly 180 users and computers, and 25 servers.
Network Manager’s Scope of Responsibility:
- Provide strategic direction to accomplish Q-Lab’s business goals for the information network and end-user support systems
- Ensure end-user issues are solved quickly & correctly
- Ensure proper functioning of information systems
- Protect Q-Lab’s mission-critical data from theft
- Manage networking & desktop support employees
- Perform continuous improvement (e.g. make PC’s better, faster, and more reliable)
- Oversee documentation, tracking, and management reporting
- Write and enforce procedures
- End-user support
- Windows servers and Active Directory
- LAN/WAN/VPN architecture (e.g. network design, switches, firewalls, internet lines)
- Virtualization technologies (e.g. Citrix, Terminal Services)
- Data backup and disaster recovery
- Email and spam filtering systems
- Anti-virus & security systems
- Network health monitoring
- Bachelors degree in Management Information Systems or equivalent professional work experience
- 6+ years experience as Network/Systems Administrator
- Evidence of achievement in supervisory role
- Experience with virtualization technologies (Citrix is preferable)
- Ability to think strategically and assess business value
- Ability to manage competing priorities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong customer service orientation
Supply Chain Manager - Westlake, Ohio USA
We are looking to find a talented supply chain professional to fill a newly created position.
Your mission: to assure the integrity of our supply chain and meet our current and future challenges regarding quality, delivery, and cost. We require your expertise in identifying and contacting new sources for our sophisticated scientific instruments while ensuring component quality and reliability.
Reporting to the VP of Operations, you will bring a hands-on approach; the ability to lead team members, implement best practices in purchasing and inventory management systems, and work processes including global sourcing and fulfillment. The ideal candidate will be a diplomatic and persuasive leader with superb negotiation skills who is comfortable implementing change and performance improvement while building relationships with our vendors. You’ll need scientific aptitude and engineering creativity to source critical parts for our unusual technology.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Supervise 3 employees
- Manage inventory cost
- Synchronize materials supply with the demand of production
- Manage purchasing; price optimization, contract negotiation
- Initiate cost reduction
- Qualify and evaluate new and existing suppliers and determine improvement plans
- Direct supplier corrective action reports and resolution
- Manage an enterprise risk plan for critical supply chain items
- Supply failure reaction plan
- Develop materials implementation plan for new product introduction, and engineering changes
- Maintain strong relationships with our suppliers to support our cost and quality objectives
- Work closely with Product Engineering and outside suppliers
- Identify opportunities for parts re-design or simplification to reduce cost
- Scientific insight – a BS/BA preferred, or 10+ years in a engineering or science discipline
- Gear headedness: must love science and engineering
- Manufacturing knowledge and experience preferred
- Experience in sourcing contract electronics
- Project management skills
- Superb negotiation skills
- Cost-conscious mentality
- Engineering creativity and insight
- Technical writing acumen: crisp, clear, complete, concise
- Ability to tactfully manage vendors in difficult situations
- Superb negotiation, influence and diplomacy skills
- Practical, results-driven problem solver
- Sense of urgency and able to work with difficult deadlines
- Possess vendor insight and understanding
Inside Sales / Customer Care - Homestead, Florida USA
Are you passionate about serving and influencing customers? Are you looking for an opportunity where you can provide solutions and achieve results?
We are seeking a confident Inside Sales / Customer Care professional to help our customers, develop new business and meet sales goals. As a member of our Laboratory - Weathering Testing team, you will deliver a high level of customer satisfaction and expand sales opportunities. You will also consult with customers about their testing needs and respond to customer questions. This is an excellent opportunity to join our company, to grow with us and share in our success.
Key Responsibilities for our Inside Sales / Customer Care Rep:
- Communicate with customers by telephone and email, and occasionally in-person, to answer questions about weathering and find out which services are best suited to their needs
- Create cost estimates and custom testing programs
- Field questions from customers on service issues
- Educate customers and assist with test set up
- Follow up on orders not received and determine reasons for non-acceptance; attempting to reopen the opportunities
- Assist outside sales with cost and technical information
- Maintain communication with the customer throughout the test life cycle
- Travel is 5-10 times per year, to attend trade-shows, visit customers, or visit one of our other company facilities (Arizona and Ohio)
- Bachelor's degree preferred with 3+ years of inside sales and customer service experience
- Science related degree preferred
- Business acumen with critical problem solving skills
- Possess solid time management skills
- Can achieve/exceed goal
- Customer service skills
- Excellent phone skills and writing skills
- Professional demeanor, organized and reliable
- Possess a strong work ethic and willingness to learn
- Results-driven attitude
- Ability to excel in a fast paced environment
- Proficient computer skills -- Word, Excel, PowerPoint and others
Electro-Mechanicaly Assembly - Westlake, Ohio USA
Q-Lab Corporation in Westlake Ohio has a need for a skilled Electro-Mechanical Assembler on day shift to assemble machines, related equipment/options, mechanical/electrical components, subassemblies, and fabricated products; following blueprints and other written and verbal specifications.
- Assemble electrical and mechanical components using assembly drawings and parts lists provided by engineering.
- Ability to use various hand and power tools.
- Prepare sub-assemblies and related parts for final assembly.
- Wire, solder, install tubing, and options in sub-assembly and final assembly.
- Utilize problem-solving skills as a resource for continuous improvement.
- Maintain good housekeeping (Lean Manufacturing 5S practices).
Job Requirements include:
- Ability to read mechanical and electrical schematics
- Working knowledge of, and ability to use, mechanical, electrical, and measuring tools in order to assemble machines
- Ability to work effectively within a team
- Minimum of 2 years previous electrical assembly experience
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
Press Operator - Westlake, Ohio USA
Day shift opening for Press Operator. Must be able to operate the following equipment:
- Set-up and Operate a 20 ton Bliss Press
- Set-up and Operate a 35 ton Bliss Press
- Set-up and Operate Shears
- Set-up and Operate Brakes
- Set-up and Operate Slip Rollers
- Set-up and Operate a Sand Blaster
- Set-up and Operate a Surface Grinder
- Evaluate, correct, and take actions necessary to prevent external quality issues
- Perform assigned work to time standards and quality expectations
- It is necessary for our employees to have a positive work attitude
- It is important for employees to be able to work with others in a small groups
- Must be able to work on multiple tasks
- Must be able to follow written work instructions
- Must be able to read and work off of drawings
- Must be detail oriented, motivated and a reliable, hard worker
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Vocational School a plus
- Working weekends may be required
- Daily overtime may be required (sometimes on very short notice)
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds