For more than 50 years, Q-Lab Corporation has been a global provider of material durability testing products. Our products and services are used to test coatings, plastics, automotive, personal care, roofing, inks, textiles, pharmaceutical, packaging and sealants. Q-Lab is a growth-oriented and stable company who has earned a strong reputation for outstanding product design, innovation and uncompromising levels of quality and safety.
Q-Lab has been named one of Northeast Ohio's best places to work by The Cleveland Plain Dealer on its list of "2012 Top Workplaces." To view our profile, click here.
These goals are achieved through the efforts of our employees and in return we offer:
A proven track record of success
An excellent compensation package + bonus
Comprehensive benefits: Health, Prescription, Life Insurance
Paid vacation and holidays
Strong team member-oriented company culture
Friendly working atmosphere
Q-Lab is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all qualified individuals without regard to race, religion, gender, national origin, physical or mental disability, age, or disabled or Vietnam-era veteran status.
Desktop Support Technician - Westlake, Ohio USA
We are looking for a desktop support technician to provide customer service and end user support for Q-Lab’s worldwide information network. Reporting to the Network Systems Manager, the successful candidate will troubleshoot, research, and resolve computer related problems.
We have an international VPN data network with six locations around the world. Our current network size is roughly 180 users and computers, and 25 servers.
- Provides technical support for end-user issues via telephone calls, emails, and face-to-face requests.
- Uses remote support tools to control end-user PCs (e.g. remote desktop, Bomgar).
- Ensures timely follow-up and attention of end-user support cases.
- Documents, tracks, and monitors problems using the IT Helpdesk system.
- Engages end-user base to determine opportunities for improvement and effectively communicates value items.
- Evaluates the end-user experiences to find areas of inefficiency and opportunity. Tracks and organizes this information, and presents ideas to the Network Systems Manager.
Education, Experience and Skills:
1. Associate's Degree in Information Technology, Networking, or equivalent work experience.
2. Knowledgeable with common software applications: Windows OS, Microsoft Office, Web Browsers (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome), Anti-Virus.
3. Knowledgeable with mobile phones, preferably the iPhone.
4. Knowledgeable with peripheral devices (e.g. printers, label makers).
5. Knowledge of Citrix XenApp and XenClient a plus!
6. Strong customer-service orientation. Effective interpersonal and relationship-building skills.
7. Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language to both technical and non-technical end-users.
8. Has technical knowledge of PC and desktop hardware, preferably Dell.
Customer Service Representative - Westlake, Ohio USA
Are you passionate about customer satisfaction? Do you take pride in maintaining an enthusiastic and upbeat attitude? If you have answered yes to these questions - read on! Q-Lab is looking for a Customer Service Representative to become a member of our Global Order team. This is a great opportunity to learn and grow professionally in a professional team atmosphere.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Entering orders quickly and generating accurate documentation for customer acknowledgement, in-house production, warehouse and shipping purposes
- Communicating with customers via phone and email
- Writing clear and concise communications to our customers
- Providing customers with pricing and production lead times on products
- Obtaining freight quotes and calculating handling charges
- Prioritizing work tasks and managing competing tasks
- Maintaining thorough documentation
- Determining the appropriate means of shipment (ie fast delivery, cost effective) and best shipping warehouse)
- Generating RMA (return merchandise authorization) forms for customers to return goods
- Assisting in receptionist duties and directing customers to appropriate departments
- 2+ years of customer service experience; order processing experience preferred
- Experience in Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel required; experience in Sage MAS 90 preferred
- Demonstrated history of strong verbal and written communication skills
- Minimum 7800 KSPH/130 KSPM (Alpha-numeric)
Please submit salary requirements along with your resume.
Assembly/Sub-Assembly - Westlake, Ohio USA
A skilled assembler with soldering experience is needed on day shift at our Westlake manufacturing facility to assemble wiring harnesses, connectors, various sub-assemblies, and related equipment/options. Must be able to follow blueprints and other written and verbal specifications.
- Assemble electrical and mechanical components using assembly drawings and parts lists provided by engineering.
- Ability to use various hand and power tools.
- Prepare sub-assemblies and related parts for final assembly.
- Wire, solder, and install components and options in sub-assembly and final assembly.
- Maintain good housekeeping (Lean Manufacturing 5S practices).
Job requirements include:
- Ability to read mechanical and electrical schematics.
- Working knowledge of and ability to use measuring tools.
- Ability to work effectively within a team.
- Minimum of 2 years soldering experience.
- Will be tested for quality of workmanship.
Inside Sales / Customer Care - Homestead, Florida USA
Are you passionate about serving and influencing customers? Are you looking for an opportunity where
you can provide solutions and achieve results?
We are seeking a confident Inside Sales / Customer Care professional to help our customers, develop new business and meet sales goals. As a member of our Laboratory - Weathering Testing team, you will deliver a high level of customer satisfaction and expand sales opportunities. You will also consult with customers about their testing needs and respond to customer questions. This is an excellent opportunity to join our company, to grow with us and share in our success.
Key Responsibilities for our Inside Sales / Customer Care Rep:
- Communicate with customers by telephone and email, and occasionally in-person, to answer questions about weathering and find out which services are best suited to their needs
- Create cost estimates and custom testing programs
- Field questions from customers on service issues
- Educate customers and assist with test set up
- Follow up on orders not received and determine reasons for non-acceptance; attempting to reopen the opportunities
- Assist outside sales with cost and technical information
- Maintain communication with the customer throughout the test life cycle
- Travel is 5-10 times per year, to attend trade-shows, visit customers, or visit one of our other company facilities (Arizona and Ohio)
- Bachelor's degree preferred with 3+ years of inside sales and customer service experience
- Science related degree preferred
- Business acumen with critical problem solving skills
- Possess solid time management skills
- Can achieve/exceed goal
- Customer service skills
- Excellent phone skills and writing skills
- Professional demeanor, organized and reliable
- Possess a strong work ethic and willingness to learn
- Results-driven attitude
Sales Manager - Q-Lab China, Shanghai
Our office in Shanghai is looking for a Sales Manager to join our Sales Department. This position will report to the China Chief Representative.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support customers and the network of existing Distributors by answering technical questions about the products and test services through daily correspondence and periodic visits.
- Give technical presentations at seminars and symposiums.
- Coordinate technical product training for customers and sales representatives.
- Communicate and set-up relationships with key industry associations, trade groups, and standards bodies.
- Produce monthly and quarterly reports.
- Participate with Distributors on sales calls to provide technical support and determine what the customer's needs are and how Q-Lab’s products and services can meet those needs.
- Assist the Chief Representative in developing a sales & marketing plan, including long and short term goals for each Distributor office.
- Develop an annual marketing plan for each major market, including trade shows, print ads, seminars, etc.
- Ensure reporting and follow-up by each Distributor office.
- Work and develop close relationships with key customer accounts.
- Ability to travel 30% of the time and to obtain a visa to travel outside of China.
- Excellent electro-mechanical aptitude.
- Have more than 3 years' sales experience with capital equipment.
- Excellent spoken and written English (comparable to CET 6 and above).
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, and technical procedures in English and Chinese.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence and business plans, and develop annual budgeting plans.
- Ability to effectively present information to small and large groups and respond to questions from Distributors or customers.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Must have good working knowledge of Microsoft Office including PowerPoint.
- Must be able to type a minimum of 20 WPM.
Education, Certificates or Special Training Required:
- Bachelor’s degree or above – preferably with an engineering or science related field.
- A minimum of 3 years' sales experience.
- Experience working with a Distributor network is highly preferred.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 kg. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, and sit.
- Physically capable of setting up a trade show booth. This includes simple tool use.
- Must be able to sit on an airplane up to 15 hours.
Personality Traits and Special Skills:
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Good listener.
- Willingness to accept criticism and use it to improve skill level and knowledge base.
- Scientific insight.
- Engineering insight.
- Must love science and engineering.
- Independent thinker.
- Ability to communicate with people of different levels of technical aptitude; from PhD chemists to lab technicians to the sales people of our distributor’s.
- Ability to understand and sympathize with the working life of our customers and distributors, both their technical challenges and their political challenges.
- Business acumen – ability to understand why the customer is willing to spend money on our products.
- Desire to teach and educate others.
- Burning desire to learn.
- Mission of service.
- A doer not a procrastinator – get it done attitude.
- Ability to work to a deadline.
- Team player.